Wednesday 26 November 2014

Inspiring Youth Sport

After a weekend of training, it was great to get out to the Hartford Church of England School in Northwich today as part of my role as Youth Sport Trust Ambassador.

The school won a photo competition that the Youth Sport Trust ran and I judged back as part of National School Sport Week back in June. There were thousands of schools taking part, who were invited to tweet images of the activities they were holding to celebrate the week. The photo that impressed me the most was one of the Hartford pupils taking part in capoeira, a Brazilian martial art which features elements of dance, acrobatics and music, I loved the brilliance and concentration of Reece doing capoeira.

I had a really fun day at Hartford, watching the pupils displays of various sports and talking to them about my experiences and the challenges I've faced to get to where I am today. It is great to see the school expanding on National School Sport Week by getting involved in such a wide range of sports activities and really continuing the legacy left by London 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment