Thursday 11 December 2014

A different sort of day

I suppose today wasn't really typical of my usual days, which are currently mostly filled by training, university, study, training, study and more training, interspersed with eating and sleeping!

My morning started with an early train into London for a meeting with the British Athletics Commission, from there I went and met with representatives of the Silverfit Charity to sign one of their murals created by pupils of the Stephen Hawking School in Tower Hamlets along with the artist Richard Tait. I understand the mural will be auctioned in the Spring for the charity.


Then it was a trip to the Grand Connaught Rooms in Covent Garden for the Sports Journalists British Sports Awards.  There were no awards for me on this occasion but it was a great afternoon celebration of British sport and I did get to meet some truly amazing and inspirational people.  Plus of course, I got to wear a stunning dress from Ted Baker for the day!
With Maggie Alphonsi of the England WRU team
 

The legendary Michael Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment