Friday 31 October 2014

Accessibility in London

Following on from my appearance on the ITV London news where I issued my challenge to the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, I had a very positive meeting with TFL and Whizz-Kidz today about the future of London transport and its accessibility. What really surprised me to learn at the meeting was, much of London is actually already partly accessible! However, it's not advertised to people outside (or even inside, it seems) of London. This, along with many other points were brought up and discussed between us, and it's going to be an exciting future, hopefully resulting in more disabled people being independent, confident and free when travelling in and around London. I've offered my help in working alongside TFL to promote and educate, so watch this space..

No comments:

Post a Comment