Thursday 9 October 2014

Boris Wheelchair Challenge - Update


Many of you will have seen or read about my challenge last week to The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, to spend a day trying to get about London in a wheelchair. I was very disappointed that Mr Johnson declined my challenge, but he did say that he would ask Transport for London (TFL) to work with me to gain further understanding of the issues regarding accessibility to transport.

Well, I am very pleased to tell you that, The Mayor is as good as his word, as this week I have been contacted by TFL to arrange for me to meet with their Managing Director, Vernon Everitt. I would like to thank The Mayor for facilitating the meeting with Mr Everitt which I will attend along with my manager and representatives from the Whizz Kidz charity. I will keep you all informed as to how we get on.